Check out the Canadian Events On Deck At BIO. Contact Julie Mair for registration savings.
Interested in being part of the Canadian Pavilion? Contact us to learn more about available opportunities.
BIO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION
San Diego, CA
June 19-22, 2017
BIOTECanada will once again be providing members with important networking opportunities throughout the BIO International Convention. The Canadian delegation at BIO continues to grow in size and diversity. Each year the industry uses the opportunity to showcase how important it is for industry and government to work in partnership to advance the Canadian biotech sector.
Connect with us on Twitter @BIOTECanada #BIO2017CDN
JOIN US FOR THE OPENING CEREMONY
TUESDAY, JUNE 20th @ 10:30 AM, BOOTH # 4325
Registration – BIOTECanada Members receive significant savings to attend the BIO International Convention. Please visit the members only section of the website or contact Julie Mair for more information.
Travel – Receive 10-12% off flights with Air Canada from Canada to San Diego. Codes are available in the members only section.
COAST TO COAST COMPANY COMPETITION
Displaying the diversity of Canada’s biotech industry in front of provincial politicians and delegations encouraging regional pride while highlighting the true engine of the industry’s future. In partnership with Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati, BIOTECanada offers an opportunity for companies to present their novel therapies to a panel of judges as part of the Coast to Coast Competition.
Tuesday, June 20th
Up to 8 companies from across Canada will present to a judging panel of key life science investors.
4:00- 6:00 PM – Canadian Hospitality Reception
Gold Leaf Awards for Biotech Company of the Year and Emerging Health Company will be announced during the reception.
Coast to Coast Winner is announced. The prize is a coveted presentation spot during BIOTECanada’s Investor Summit held in Whistler February 2018. If you are interested in presenting as part of the Coast to Coast competition, please contact Julie Mair.
Monday, June 19
- 5-7 PM – Rendez-Vous Quebec (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- 5:30 PM – BC BIO Dinner (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
Tuesday, June 20
- 7:30- 9 AM – BIOTECanada Roundtable (By Invite Only). More information to follow.
- 6:30- 8:30 PM – Taste of Atlantic Canada Reception (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- 8:30- 10:30 PM – BioAlberta Networking Reception (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- Need a spot to relax and recharge? Visit the Sanofi IceHouse and enjoy a a glass of delicious fruit-infused water provided by Wex Pharmaceuticals.
- Recharge your phone or tablet compliments of BIOTECanada. Use our convenient charging stations.
- In need of meeting space? The Canadian Pavilion offers companies bookable meeting areas. See the Canadian Concierge desk on site to book. *based on availability.
- Need to connect with others? Let the Canadian Concierge Service help facilitate this connection. Visit us at booth #4325 for more information.
- Challenge your colleagues to a game of bubble hockey! Come take a look.
Partnering Preparation Workshop + Coaching Sessions
Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO) is pleased to partner with the National Research Council Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) to present a Partnering Preparation Workshop to provide Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the biotechnology community with an in-depth insight into partnering with a Multinational Enterprise (MNE).
The workshop and coaching sessions will be from an MNE perspective and will use the upcoming 2017 BIO International Convention as the event focus to understand the SME–MNE partnering process. Each session is designed as a stand alone offering to provide added value to the participants. SME’s may participate in all 4 or only the ones they feel are most relevant to their needs.
Workshop: Partnering Insights from the MNE Perspective
Date & Venue: April 13th , 2017, 8:00am – 11:00 am at OBIO Boardroom (working breakfast) as well as via Webinar
Presenter: Andrew Murdin, Murdin Biotechnology Inc.
One-on-One Coaching & Tutorial Session: BIO Partnering Application Support
Date & Venue: One-on-One with Andrew Murdin during April/May 2017
One hour sessions will be scheduled and conducted via phone or email
More details coming soon
To learn more and to RSVP, please contact Paul.McVeigh@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca