San Diego, CA
June 19-22, 2017
BIOTECanada will once again be providing members with important networking opportunities throughout the BIO International Convention. The Canadian delegation at BIO continues to grow in size and diversity. Each year the industry uses the opportunity to showcase how important it is for industry and government to work in partnership to advance the Canadian biotech sector.
BIOTECanada, Provincial accord members and the Ontario and Quebec Provincial governments have worked to provide a Canadian pavilion to bring companies to the forefront on this global stage. Canadian engagement is historically very high at BIO – BIOTECanada appreciates the following organizational partners:
- Atlantic Canada Bio-Industries Alliance
- PEI BioAlliance, BioNB, BioNova & NATI
- Centre for the Commercialization of Antibodies and Biologics
- Genome Canada & Genome Centres
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Quebec
- Life Sciences British Columbia
- McDougall Scientific
- National Research Council
- Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh & Co.
- VWR International
Connect with us on Twitter @BIOTECanada #BIO2017CDN
JOIN US FOR THE OPENING CEREMONY
Tuesday June 20th at 10:30am
Get Listed – Searchable Directory
Attending BIO? Raise your profile by being listed in the Canadian Life Sciences Database. This opportunity offers companies great exposure to potential partners and investors. Ensure your company is listed. To update your profile contact Julie Mair.
Registration – BIOTECanada Members receive significant savings to attend the BIO International Convention. Please visit the members only section of the website or contact Julie Mair for more information.
Travel – Receive 10-12% off flights with Air Canada from Canada to San Diego. Codes are available in the members only section.
Interested in being part of the Canadian Pavilion? Contact us to learn more about available opportunities.
key canadian programming at bio 2017
Tuesday June 20th
Canadian Pavilion Opening
1:00 – 2:30PM
Panel Discussion – Made in Canada- Maximizing the Federal Innovation Agenda Advantage
The 2017 federal budget recognized the biotechnology sector as a values economic driver of the Canadian economy. Calling out agriculture and agri-food, clean tech and life sciences specifically, the budget committed to a series of new investment programs and opportunities designed to generate increased levels of commercialization of innovative technology platforms and products.
Canada has a world-class biotechnology ecosystem with a well-established footprint throughout Canada. In every region of the country, biotechnology entrepreneurs, scientists and incubators are leading the development of hundreds of new life changing therapies, solutions for a greener planet and products aimed providing sustainable food supply for an ever increasing global population.
This Made in Canada panel will feature a series of national ecosystem leaders exploring the Innovation Agenda potential for Canadians and our global partners.
Paul Petrelli, Chair BIOTECanada
Don Olds, President and CEO, NEOMED Institute
Shermaine Tilley, Managing Partner, CTI Life Sciences Fund
Roberto Bellini, President and CEO, Bellus Health
Kelly Gillis, Associate Deputy Minister, Innovation Science and Economic Development
Canadian Hospitality Reception
WEDNESDAY June 21ST
BIOTECanada Coast to Coast Competition. Up to 8 companies from across Canada will present to a judging panel of key life science investors. The prize is a coveted presentation spot during BIOTECanada’s Investor Summit held in Whistler February 2018. If you are interested in presenting as part of the Coast to Coast competition, please contact Julie Mair.
COAST TO COAST COMPANY COMPETITION
Displaying the diversity of Canada’s biotech industry in front of provincial politicians and delegations encouraging regional pride while highlighting the true engine of the industry’s future. In partnership with Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati, and support by Novateur, BIOTECanada offers an opportunity for companies to present their novel therapies to a panel of judges as part of the Coast to Coast Competition.
Monday June 19
- 8:00 – 10:00 AM – BLG breakfast and panel – Entering the Canadian Market: Strategies for Success (By Invite Only) Email for more information.
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM – Alberta presentation & networking event – Alberta’s Health Innovation Ecosystem and Your Company’s Future Success (Open to all, must RSVP via email)
- 1:15 – 3:30 PM – Québec-France panel on the impact of Artificial Intelligence on Healthcare
Omni San Diego, Ballroom B, 675 L St, San Diego, CA 92101 (Open to all)
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM – Government of Québec Breakout Sessions (By Invite Only) Email for more information.
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM – Rendez-Vous Quebec (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- 5:30 PM – BC BIO Dinner (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
Tuesday June 20
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM – Panel Discussion hosted by Ontario: Game Theory and the Brain: How Gamification is Leading to Better Brain Health and Outcomes Email for more information.
- 8:30 – 10:30 PM – BioAlberta Networking Reception (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- 6:30 – 8:30 PM – Taste of Atlantic Canada Reception (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
WEDnESDAY JUNE 21
- 8 AM – Mississauga Mayor’s Breakfast (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
- 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM – Ontario Lunch: Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, in Cortez Hill A (By Invite Only). Email for more information.
trade commissioner events calendar
The Canadian Consulate in San Diego has also put together a beautiful website that compiles most Canadian activities and events taking place at BIO, along with other resources for Canadian delegates. It can be found here: http://bio2017.canadasandiego.com/
- Need a spot to relax and recharge? Visit the Ice House and enjoy a a glass of delicious fruit-infused water provided by Wex Pharmaceuticals.
- Enjoy an espresso, compliments of RBC Royal Bank of Canada
- Recharge your phone or tablet compliments of BIOTECanada. Use our convenient charging stations.
- In need of meeting space? The Canadian Pavilion offers companies bookable meeting areas. See the Canadian Concierge desk on site to book. *based on availability.
- Need to connect with others? Let the Canadian Concierge Service help facilitate this connection. Visit us at booth #4325 for more information.
- Challenge your colleagues to a game of bubble hockey! Come take a look.