Innovative medicines canada
Obtain membership with Innovative Medicines Canada (formerly RX&D) for a 20% premium on your current BIOTECanada membership fee for Corporate A members
- Participate in the association’s meetings and the Biopharmaceutical Consultative Group: Biopharma members and business development/ research liaison managers of pharma members
- Access to web-based bio-partnering portal and partnering events and CIHR/Rx&D Collaborative Research Agreement – tripartite projects involving CIHR, Rx&D full members and biopharmaceutical members
How it works:
Membership in Rx&D will remain subject to the approval by the Rx&D Board of Directors. This membership benefit is limited to BIOTECanada member companies that do not yet derive revenues from product sales and royalties in Canada.
For more information and an application form, log on to the members only section of our website.
Enterprise Canada Network – Canada’s gateway to global opportunities
The Enterprise Canada Network (“ ECN”) is an industry-led single window platform that connects Canadian small businesses and researchers to thousands of qualified global opportunities, facilitates international partnerships and creates trade through access to public and private sector resources.As a gateway to an extensive network of opportunities, ECN allows Canadian SME’s and researchers to easily identify new global business and technology partners. As a Partner, our member companies will have preferred access to ECN’s core match-making services, including the ability to:
1. Search Canadian and international opportunities and view abstracts by industry sector, market and technology criteria;
2. Find new opportunities through Opportunity Matching Alerts based on your product/service, technology, or research preferences delivered right to your email in-box;
3. Connect to qualified leads and receive assistance from ECN staff to connect with prospective partners and facilitate introductions;
4. Join sector specific incoming and outgoing trade missions and innovation events;
5. Promote your business or technology by posting a profile and connect to qualified interested parties; and
6. Post calls for research proposals to raise broad awareness about needed expertise or join an existing international R&D consortium.
ECN is also a single-window entry point to hundreds of Canadian trade and export support programs, information and publications. Visit our Export Assistance Navigator, our Publications search engine and our Transit Time Tool for more information.
BIOTECanada members receive two complimentary connection credits. Visit the members only area of the website for discount code.
Contact Julie for more information.
BIOTECANADA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUND
BIOTECanada is pleased to offer a subsidy to support entrepreneurs and small businesses to attend select international events that focus on business to business opportunities. Specifically, BIOTECanada may cover a portion of travel expenses for a limited number of Canadian businesses attending key events.
BIOTECanada has been approved by Global Affairs Canada to provide subsidies to Canadian biotech companies travelling to San Francisco in January 2017 for the purpose of business development efforts surrounding Biotech Showcase and JP Morgan Healthcare conferences.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this program, please contact Emily Meyers.
1. You must be a small to medium size biotech company
2. You may not have received a subsidy through BIOTECanada within the previous two years
3. You will be required to submit a brief report outlining the success of your activity/meetings (no proprietary information will be requested)
4. You must attend a brief networking opportunity with BIOTECanada
Funds will be made available to qualifying companies. The program is limited in number of companies per targeted event.
BIOTECanada may subsidize the following costs for one person per company:
– Up to 50% of registration costs (VAT tax is ineligible) OR
– A per diem of $200 per day (towards accommodations, meals and incidentals)
* Please note that BIOTECanada members are eligible for reduced registration rates for many business development and partnering events. Check our website for details, or ask us how you can save.
- Companies presenting at an event will be given priority.
- Report and supporting documentation is due within 10 days of approved event.
If you are interested in learning more please contact Emily Meyers
BIOTECanada’s International Business Development Strategy document is available to Canadian companies upon request.