HEALTHCARE INVESTMENTS & EXITS 2021 Annual report
At a time when innovation is more important than ever, Silicon Valley Bank’s life sciences and healthcare research reveals that 2020 proved to be a banner year for healthcare venture fundraising and investment. Click here to download the report
Did You Know
- It takes 10-15 years, and approximately 1.5 billion dollars to commercialize a biotechnology product.
- 80% of Canadian biotechnology companies are privately owned.
- The majority of the sector is made up of SMEs: 50% of biotechnology companies have less than 20 employees, and 80 per cent have less than 100 employees.
- The biotechnology sector is typically more sensitive to market movements than other sectors.
- The top 25 publicly-traded biotechs in Canada have outpaced the TSX/S&P index since the global economic downturn begun.
Click here to learn more about RBC Financial Services for Life Sciences & Health Services Companies.