This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated initiative, commitment and support for the industry through the national biotechnology association in such areas as committee work, championing the association to stakeholders, or facilitating the efforts of association staff. The individual’s contributions, creativity, leadership, personal drive to excel, persistence and the ability to inspire others have been demonstrated throughout the year.
Past Award Recipients
- 2013 – Dr. Cathy Lau, Janssen Pharmaceutical Inc.
- 2012 – John Dorsey, Novartis
- 2011 – Gordon Jans, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- 2010 – Dr. Karen Burke (AMGEN) & Mr. James Willoughby (Hoffman-LaRoche)
- 2009 – Dr. Lesia Babiak, Janssen-Ortho Inc.
- 2008 – Deborah Brown, EMD Serono
- 2007 – Bob Ingratta, Vice President of Regulatory & International Affairs, Monsanto Canada and Chair, BIOTECanada Agriculture & Nutrition Advisory Board
- 2007 – Christian Blouin, Director, Vaccine Division, Merck Frosst Canada and Chair, BIOTECanada Vaccine Industry Committee
- 2006 – Dr. Luis Barreto, Vice-President of Public Policy, Sanofi Pasteur
- 2005 – John Mendlein, President & CEO, Affinium Pharmaceuticals (former)
- 2004 – Paul Hastings, President and CEO, QLT Inc.
- 2003 – Brian Kerslake, Senior Marketing Manager, VWR International
- 2002 – Claude-André Lachance, Director of Public Policy, Dow Chemicals Canada and Myka Osinchuck, (former) Executive Director, BioAlberta
- 2001 – Art Stirling, Government & Industry Relations Manager, Pioneer Hi-Bred Limited** Award for Contribution to the Industry – combined with Contribution to Advancing the Benefits of Biotech for Canadians in 2002.